Microsoft, the tech giant keeps on launching new versions of its Windows operating system in order to make the latest technology, features and more accessible to its users. You can easily upgrade from one Windows version to the other. After you upgrade your system to Windows 8 to Windows 10, it needs to be activated to start using it.
While installing the new Windows version, you may find an error, which will further stop you moving towards activation. The most common error code most of the users encounter is 0xc004f074’. To fix this error, try one of our solutions that have been mentioned below:
- Open the menu on by clicking over the start button in the taskbar
- Search for “Command Prompt” and right click on it
- Click on “run as administrator” from the options
- If any dialogue box prompts, click Yes
- Enter the command – “slmgr.vbs –ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX”
- Replace the letter X in the command with the product key
- Press Enter
- Now, type a second command- “slmgr.vbs –ato” and hit Enter
- Reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device and see if your device gives you the same error.
- On the start screen, press Windows key + R together
- Type “Slui 3” in the run box and hit Enter
- Enter your product key in the next window
- Click the Activate button
- Restart your device and check whether you are facing the issue again or not
- Like the Solution 1, open the Command Prompt as “run as administrator”
- Enter the command- “sfc /scannow” in the run box
- Let the sfc scan run and once it’s done, restart the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device
- Check if it worked or not
After trying all the aforementioned solutions, if the problem still persists, then contact Microsoft customer support team to get the error fixed by a certified technician. The technician team at McAfee.com/activate for 24*7, so you can call them anytime.