McAfee is an outstanding security software program that not only protects you from malware, spam, phishing, virus, and other online threats. It is very essential to install it on your PC as well as on your smartphones to keep it working flawlessly without any threats. Among the other products of McAfee, McAfee Safe Connect is one of them.
Through McAfee Safe Connect you get to access a secure connection and it uses VPN or Virtual Private Network which helps in doing so. Protects you from online spying and secure your online transaction and data safe.
Although it works superbly still sometimes, the user may face some common issues like McAfee Safe Connect fails to create a VPN connection, thus the user is unable to browse websites through it. Make sure you check the given possibilities if McAfee.com/Activate Safe Connect can’t create a VPN connection-
- Full access to Internet Connection.
- Latest version of McAfee Safe Connect installed.
- Maybe the device isn’t rooted (Android) or jailbroken (iOS)
- No interference from a firewall app or other VPN app.
If the user still faces the issues and they are using PC, then they need to look on their PC as well as check the LAN settings. Check out the steps as listed below-
- You need to open McAfee Safe Connect
- Turn off the McAfee Safe Connect protection.
- Select the ‘Start’ button from the Windows taskbar.
- Look for the search box and enter ‘Control Panel’
- Click on it.
- Select the option ‘Network and Internet’
- You need to open ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the option ‘LAN settings’ on the ‘Connections’ tab.
- Go for selecting ‘Automatically detect settings’.
- Click on the option ‘Ok’
- Open again the McAfee Safe Connect and put it in turn on mode.
Please note- LAN settings get reset, automatically- when you connect or change the virtual locations.
If the user still faces the issues and is Android users then they need to connect to another network type and follow the exact steps as listed below-
- The user needs to connect their Android device with a different type of network. For example- If they are connected with the mobile data then change it to Wi-Fi.
- Check it once, whether the McAfee Safe Connect can create the VPN connection. If not, then follow the next steps, carefully.
Follow the steps as listed to check on the Android settings-
- Select the option ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Wi-Fi’ ‘Advanced’ in ‘Device Settings’ tab.
- Turn off ‘Avoid poor connection’.
- In the ‘Device Settings’ tab, click on the option ‘Settings’ followed by ‘Manage Apps’ ‘McAfee Safe Connect’ app info.
- Select the option ‘Clear Data’.
- Turn on and off in your Android device.
- Select the option ‘Settings’ ‘Wi-Fi’ in the ‘Device settings’
- You need to turn off ‘Smart Network’ (If the device has this option)
- Open McAfee Safe Connect app.
- If the user is a premier subscriber then they need to sign-in or sign-up, according to their condition.
If the user is an iOS user and is facing issues then they need to turn on and off in Airplane mode. Check out the steps as listed below-
- You need to turn on McAfee Safe Connect app.
- Select the option ‘Settings’.
- Click on the option ‘Airplane mode’ to turn it on.
- Select again the ‘Airplane mode’ to turn it off.
- Check whether McAfee Safe Connect can create the VPN connection or not.
If you still facing the issues then go for reinstalling the McAfee Safe Connect profile-
- You need to open McAfee Safe Connect.
- Select the ‘Reinstall profile’ from the list.
- Click on the option ‘Protection’ on the main screen.
- Follow the onscreen instructions
- Check to see if McAfee Safe Connect can create the VPN connection.
I am JEFF ROOT working as an IT professional and holds a very good experience in the same field. You can check my work >> mcafee.com/activate